Whether you need to contain livestock or add security and beauty to your property, a pipe fence is an effective fencing solution.
With both industrial and residential applications, pipe fencing works well for a wide range of applications, adding both strength and sophistication to a fence.
What’s the best type of pipe for fencing? What are the benefits of using pipe for fence posts and railings?
Best Pipe for Fencing
While it’s possible to use PVC, iron, aluminum, and other piping materials, we recommend galvanized steel piping for fencing.
“Hot-dip galvanized steel is often utilized in some of the harshest environments imaginable, yet it provides maintenance-free longevity for decades,” says the American Galvanizers Association.
Using structural steel piping for your fence will help ensure your investment can stand the test of time. Still, there are more reasons why steel pipe fencing is a great choice.
Why Install a Steel Pipe Fence
Benefits of installing a steel pipe fence include:
- Practicality – Cost depends on the design, welding, and other factors, but in general, the price of steel pipe fencing is comparable to wood.
- Durability – Stronger than wood and vinyl, steel pipe is a durable fencing material.
- Versatility – You can use piping to reinforce an existing fence, serve as the posts and/or rails for a completely new fence. You can incorporate pipe rails with other materials like wood beams to create a sturdy stable, or you can add strength to a cedar privacy fence with metal pipe posts.
- Style – Piping can add to your fence’s aesthetic appeal, whether modern and sleek or classic and country. Using pipe also allows you to build custom gates, entryways, and other stylish features into your fencing.
- Eco-Friendliness – Some types of structural piping, like steel, are made from sustainable resources and are completely recyclable.
- Low Maintenence – Compared to some other fencing types, like wood, pipe fencing requires very little maintenance.
Tulsa Pipe Fencing Supply
When shopping for galvanized steel pipe, don’t skimp on quality. Contact us at Reddy Pipe & Supply, Inc. in Tulsa, OK, for help to find the best pipe for your project. As Members of the National Association of Steel Pipe Distributors, we’re ready to help!